Friday, April 27, 2007

A few soldiers, a start...........

Out of my miniatures collection these are the only 25mm 18th century soldiers that I have. The militia (Rogers Rangers, not sure as to what European militia should look like, surely some were hunters in the Black Forest) I bought painted at a local store about 5 years ago for a dollar. The grenadiers I bought unpainted on eBay. Anyway as far as the grenadiers go I primed them up, and started to paint one with a broken gun (it will still shoot & poke). The Grenadier Guards will have a uniform of green and white, with the bear fur hats being dyed a darker green than their coats.




2 comments:

Snickering Corpses said...

I think you could probably use the bottom set as "volunteer jagers"...basically a group of militia jagers as opposed to the standing jager formations in the army.

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Auston,

Green and white will look nice together. Please keep us updated with photos of your painting progress.

Enjoy the weekend,

Stokes Schwartz