Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Rebased Both Imaginary Armies for New Wargame Rules.

I have finished rebasing my fictional armies for the new wargame rules I am developing based on my Brigadier General wargame. Unit base sizes are 1" square with the DSH baggage camp on an 1.5" square base. All these bases are pre-made wood pieces bought at Hobby Lobby in small bags. Each bag comes with 135 pieces for $2.99 retail but you can always slap their 40% coupon on that. As you can see the Bittburg Army is smaller but has enough to field a good game. I am in the process of cleaning up some old models to add to them. The models on the round bases are officers with the larger base holding the general and the smaller bases holding captains. The square bases with a single foot model are skirmishers. Units in my new game are thus far Army General, Captains, Muskets, Guard, Cavalry, Artillery, Militia, Baggage and Skirmishers. Nothing fancy and very abstract.

Army of Bittburg.

Royal Army of Saxe-Huack.

1 comment:

Fitz-Badger said...

Sounds and looks good. A really nice small and manageable army (or 2 armies). Probably perfect for a small table, too.